Northwest FCS is a financial cooperative providing financing and related services to farmers, ranchers, agribusinesses, commercial fishermen, timber producers, rural homeowners and crop insurance customers in Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Alaska. Northwest FCS is a member of the nationwide Farm Credit System that supports agriculture and rural communities with reliable, consistent credit and financial services, today and tomorrow.
We have an opening for an Insurance Agent (experienced or not) in our Wenatchee, Washington office. This is a full-time position reporting to the SVP-Insurance Services for Washington State. Successful candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent experience, and a demonstrated passion for agriculture. Strong preference will be given to candidates with insurance experience, appropriate state insurance agent licenses, and an agricultural background with an understanding of the local insurance industry and agricultural markets. We are willing to train the successful candidate and assist with securing appropriate licenses.
Insurance Agents are responsible for providing high quality, profitable and constructive insurance products and related services to customers, maintaining a high level of proactive marketing and portfolio management, and through actions, creating a positive image of Northwest FCS to customers, insurance professionals and the general public.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Markets and sells insurance products by communicating with and receiving information from customers in the office and off-site.
- Actively solicits sales from referral sources, including internal staff. May also develop sales leads from direct mail campaigns, lists and telemarketing.
- Establishes rapport with and develops and maintains confidence of customers and other related professionals by: educating customers on the crop insurance processes; effectively communicating rates, fees, terms and time frames with the customer; consistently meeting time frame and product expectations; and, following through to ensure the customer and others are satisfied with the service and final product.
- Gathers needed information through interviews in person, by phone, or using the Internet. Reads and understands production information from various sources including, but not limited to, customer records and tax records.
- Complies with Federal and individual company’s documentation expectations, submission timelines, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Maintains State Agent’s License through required continuing educational training/seminars.
- Works with insurance representatives to resolve policy issues that affect producer’s insurance coverage.
- Communicates proactively to ensure excellent customer service and seeks to insure profitability of assigned portfolio.
- Represents and communicates the values, purpose and mission of the Association to employees, customers, the public and target audiences. This may include joining or actively supporting appropriate organizations and civic groups and actively participating in sponsored events and programs.
Northwest FCS offers competitive salaries, a bonus plan, robust benefits, supportive teams, a fun and family-oriented atmosphere, and many learning opportunities.
Northwest FCS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.