The Washington Apple Education Foundation (WAEF) invites all current high school students in the following counties to participate in the annual Year of the Apple Art Contest: Adams, Chelan, Douglas, Okanogan, Grant, Benton, Franklin, Kittitas, Yakima and Walla Walla. The Washington apple themed contest will grant over $1750 cash in student prizes. First place will receive $1,000, 2nd place $500, and 3rd place $250.
- Who: Current high school students in Adams, Chelan, Douglas, Okanogan, Grant, Benton, Franklin, Kittitas, Yakima and Walla Walla counties.
- What: Year of the Apple Art Contest. The overall grand prize winner is awarded $1,000 cash and the opportunity to see his/her artwork reproduced onto a poster sized calendar.
- Where: Artwork submitted to:
Washington Apple Education Foundation
C/O Art Contest
2900 Euclid Avenue
Wenatchee, WA. 98801
- When: Deadline of June 1, 2016
- Why: Recognize the artistic talents in kids in tree fruit communities!
The Washington Apple Education Foundation (WAEF) is the charity of the tree fruit industry. The organization is best known for its scholarship program. In 2015 WAEF awarded over $850,000 in scholarship aid to students raised in tree fruit industry communities. For more information on foundation activities, please contact (509) 663-7713 or www.waef.org.
Artwork must depict real Washington apples. Original artwork only. All entries must be no smaller than 8 1/2” X 11” and no larger than 11” X 17”. Traditional media only. No photographs, digital images, fragile works or matting please. Wormy fruit is discouraged. Entries shall not contain an advertising message or slogan. All entries must include the back entry form or a copy of the form.