Wenatchee, WA... The Washington Apple Education Foundation (WAEF) invites all current high school students in the following counties to participate in the 20th Annual Year of the Apple Art Contest: Adams, Chelan, Douglas, Okanogan, Grant, Benton, Franklin, Kittitas, Yakima and Walla Walla. The Washington apple themed contest will grant over $1750 in cash prizes. First place will receive $1,000, 2nd place $500, and 3rd place $250.
Start working on your artwork today! Contest rules and registration forms may be found at www.waef.org or by calling (509) 663-7713.
- Who: Current high school students in Adams, Chelan, Douglas, Okanogan, Grant, Benton, Franklin, Kittitas, Yakima and Walla Walla counties.
- What: Year of the Apple Art Contest. The overall grand prize winner is awarded $1,000 cash and the opportunity to see his/her artwork reproduced onto a poster sized calendar.
- Where: Artwork submitted to:
Washington Apple Education Foundation
C/O Art Contest
2900 Euclid Avenue
Wenatchee, WA. 98801
- When: Deadline of June 1, 2015
- Why: Recognize the artistic talents in kids in tree fruit communities!
The Washington Apple Education Foundation (WAEF) is the charity of the tree fruit industry. The organization is best known for its scholarship program. In 2014 WAEF awarded over $800,000 in scholarship aid to students raised in tree fruit industry communities. For more information on Foundation activities, please contact (509) 663-7713 or www.waef.org.