Wenatchee, WA. . . . . Parents: Are your children in need of a spring art project that could result in money? Students: It’s time your artistic creations are recognized!
The Washington Apple Education Foundation (WAEF) invites all current K~12 students in the following counties to participate in the 19th Annual Year of the Apple Art Contest: Chelan, Douglas, Okanogan, Grant, Benton, Franklin, Kittitas, Yakima and Walla Walla. The Washington apple themed contest will grant over $1650 cash in student prizes in three age divisions. Start working on your artwork today! Contest rules and registration forms may be found at www.waef.org or by calling (509) 663-7713.
- Who: Students in Chelan, Douglas, Okanogan, Grant, Benton, Franklin, Kittitas, Yakima and Walla Walla counties. Grades K – 12 (2013-2014 school year)
- What: Year of the Apple Art Contest. The overall grand prize winner is awarded $750 cash and the opportunity to see his/her artwork reproduced onto a poster sized calendar.
- Where: Artwork submitted to:
Washington Apple Education Foundation
C/O Art Contest
2900 Euclid Avenue
Wenatchee, WA. 98801
- When: Deadline of June 1, 2014.
- Why: Recognize the artistic talents in kids in tree fruit communities!
Not only do students win, schools and organizations are also benefiting. For each of the awards presented to a student, $100 will be given to his/her school or participating non-profit organization for the purchase of art supplies.
The Washington Apple Education Foundation (WAEF) is the charity of the tree fruit industry. The organization is best known for its scholarship program. In 2013 WAEF awarded over $650,000 in scholarship aid to students raised in tree fruit industry communities. For more information on Foundation activities, please contact (509) 663-7713 or www.waef.org.